Monday 12 August 2013

Hello You (August Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges Blog)

I have a layout revealed over at Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges today!  Our inspiration piece was the following lovely beach photo:


I was inspired by the colours of the deck chairs, and the way they are lined up in the photo.  I used yellow with pops of aqua and pink, and lined my embelishments up along side the lower third of the page.  I had fun with an exclusive Paper Bakery mask, and my new Amy Tangerine Stitching Template.  
My layout is all about my daughter, and the new dress that she got from a local school fair.  The cutest thing is that the dress was about 5 sizes too big, but she still insisted on wearing it. At least we'll get lots of use from it!




I just absolutely adore that chipboard vase of flowers from Simple Stories Vintage Bliss.  I had to make sure it featured, so I anchored it on the strip of yellow polka dot paper with a couple of woodgrain pennants from the same collection.

Check out the Scrapstuffz blog for all the details. Do come and play along, I can't wait to see what inspires you!

Be blessed 
Melissa x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colors and sassy photos! Great use of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this over at Scrapstuffz! It's so pretty and so adorable! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable page, Melissa!! Love how you used the photo for inspiration and those photos of your daughter are so cute! The misting looks great, and I love the stitching in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! gorgeous layout!! Love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete