Thursday 15 May 2014

Kaisercraft Design Team 2014 Entry

Hello!  This post is my entry for the 2014 Kaisercraft Design Team call.  

I've been blessed with the opportunity to create with Kaisercraft products for the past nine months during my current Design Team term with Artfull Crafts.  Kaisercraft were the first manufacturer that I fell in love with when I first started scrapbooking five years ago, and I've continued to love the collections that they design and produce.  I also love that they are made nearby in Australia!

The design brief for the call was to create a Layout, a Beyond the Page/Altered Item and a Mixed Media item or card.

The following is my Layout, which I've shared before and made with the Happy Snaps collection.  This collection is one of my favourites ever, and as well as working for layouts, I believe it would also work really well for Project Life pocket scrapbooking.  

I always include journalling on my layouts, and this layout is about my eldest daughter's love for books, and in my letter-style journaling I share about my own love of books.  I used the speciality paper with awesome spiral notebook edge, and had fun layering lots of elements.  Extra embellishments are chipboard stickers by Making Memories.  Of course I had to add some ink splatters!


My second projet is a card, and I made this with the beautiful Telegraph Road Collection.  I adore the patterned paper and die cut collectables in this stunning collection, and it was easy to create this layered card.  I added my signature machine stitching and finished it off with large splatters of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in gold.


My final project was to alter a glass maple syrup bottle into a vase.  After I removed the labels I painted it with two coats of white acrylic paint and left it with an imperfect finish for added texture.  I used the lovely Spring Bloom collection and made a tag with die cut collectables, stickers and a small piece of patterned paper.  I used dimensional adhesive to pop up some elements, added some enamel dots, and tied it to the neck of the bottle with natural twine.  The pink flowers are from my garden!



A close up shot of the tag:


Thanks for looking, I just love the versatility of Kaisercraft products, and enjoy creating with them to suit my fresh style.  It would be an absolute honour to be selected for the team!

Be blessed
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully creative projects! Love that bottle vase! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing, Melissa!! Good luck on the call! They would be lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous projectS!!!! amazing work!!! LOVE your sweet page of her love for books, the card is awesome and that vase!!! toooo pretty!!! well done on everything!!

    ReplyDelete