Saturday 24 January 2015

I'm on YouTube!

Good evening, well I'm so excited to tell you that I've achieved one of my 2015 scrapbooking goals, which was to make process videos!  I had to get over myself to start with (LOL!) and just deal with the fact that I don't really like hearing my voice.  So yesterday I filmed myself (thanks to Shaun with  a contraption involving a microphone stand, a wire coat hanger and our video camera), and then did the voice over last night.  It was so exciting to finally make a video.

The layout is all about Sam, and the funny faces he pulls when I'm trying to take a photo!  I think he looks like Mr Bean! I used my December Hip Kit, and when Sam saw that the Dear Lizzy title Thickers included "Yo!" he requested that I use it to make a page about him.  So of course I had to oblige, and these photos were perfect.  I based this layout on a Pagemaps sketch I found on Pinterest.  You can see it in the video.


And some close ups.  Love the Amy Tangerine Stitched goodies in this kit, and the Evalicious puffy stickers are super cute!


I loved focussing on the green and blue papers and embellishments, and added some watercolour.


Here's the video:


I plan to make heaps more videos (especially now that our 6 weeks of summer holidays are nearly over), and you can subscribe to my YouTube channel here

Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. Love your layout Melissa! The Greens and Blues look great together! And you did a great job with your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your video!! such a cool page and the colors are perfect!! soooo love your voice!! and cute your son wants you to scrap the photos and help with ideas for your LOs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the video, love the page and so fab to hear your lovely voice!

    ReplyDelete