Monday 30 December 2013

Hello Blue Eyes (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello Hello, can you believe that today is the final for the year over at Lets Get Sketchy!  Its been an amazing 7 months since I joined the Design Team, and I'm so excited about continuing to create with the girls next year.

This week is the 5th Monday of December, which means a special reveal.  Brenshevia Baker came up with an awesome Bingo board, and the challenge is to scrap a row.  I chose the bottom row (butterflies, chipboard, frame, stitching and doily) as it contains several of my favourite things.  Here is my layout, all about my daughter as a baby and her blue eyes (before they turned brown):


I used Crate Paper's Close Knit Collection, with a Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper frame, some tissue paper, and white cardstock which I machine stitched around the border.  I just adore the chipboard pieces from Close Knit, and this challenge was a great opportunity to use some of them.  I made by butterflies with my Stampin Up Punch, and sewed vellum over white cardstock.

Here is a close up:


And here is the Bingo card so you can play along.


This was such a fun challenge, do make sure you play along and link up your layout over on the blog.

Have an awesome New Years!
Melissa x

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty page, love the layers and vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, Melissa! Love what you did with the challenge! The banner, flowers and butterflies, add such a pretty girly feel to your layout!

    ReplyDelete