Monday 2 December 2013

Sweet Moments (Lets Get Sketchy)

Happy December!  Its starting to feel like Christmas around here, the weather is hotter, things are more busy, and we've been practicing heaps on our annual Christmas Play at Church!

This week we had this awesome sketch by Ashely Horton, and I love that it is so simple, allowing as much or as little embellishment as we feel like.


I've been scrapping lots of older photos that I've had printed off for ages lately. This photo is of my daughter when she was less than a week old, being read to in Sam's bed.  I used the Beautiful Life collection from Echo Park Paper, and I also used a Heidi Swapp memory file which I cut in half, to mat my photo.



Here is a close up.  I doodled around the "Sweet Moments" banner to help it stand out as the title of this layout.


Thanks for looking, make sure you check out the blog for the other awesome creations by Team A.

Be blessed
Melissa x

5 comments:

  1. Love the papers & your border of tickets! Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely papers! I think the doily border is adorable and great use of 3x4 cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet photo Melissa! I love how you used the sketch and added the different patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a s pretty take on the sketch, and your photo is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! I love that echo park line and you did a great job with it. I like how you used the memory file as well.

    ReplyDelete