Wednesday 4 July 2018

Hey Girl (SNSKC)

Hello!! Yes I'm back after weeks (months) of burying myself under piles of work.  But all work and no play isn't good, so I thought I'd check in and share a layout that I made in May, but only just uploaded to YouTube yesterday.

I made this one with my Secret Not Secret Kit Club kit, and it features Dear Lizzy's Stargazer collection.  What mostly inspired this one was my Instagram squares.  I was looking at them and it hit me that I've been gravitating towards my favourite white backgrounds far too often.  So I decided to break it up with a bold patterned paper background.  The flower cut file is by Paige Evans from the Silhouette Design Store.


I used the entire cut file, and rather than back it with paper I watercoloured the negative pieces and plued them back in.  The photos are of Brielle getting her face painted for the first times a couple of years ago.


I used dimensional adhesive to give the petals some lift!


Gold is so hard to photograph, but the photo above shows the words in the middle of the rosette which the first photo doesn't.


The 6x6 cut apart page was perfect for embellishing.  I kept my embellishment to a minimum to let the flower be the star of the layout!

And here is my process video:




Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment