Tuesday 7 May 2013

Gloriously Happy

A while ago I found a New Zealand challenge blog site called Challenge Me Happy. I finally decided to make a layout and enter.  Challenge #44 was a sketch challenge based on the following sketch:


And this was my interpretation:



I stayed pretty true to the sketch, but changed the banner on the side to come down from the top.  I had a lot of fun using Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper on this one; like all Crate Paper lines it is so beautiful, with vintage imagery.  I especially adore the paper that has Maggie's handwriting.

The photo is an Instagram with a vintage overlay from last Easter.  I love that Sam just can't wait to get into his chocolate, shirt off from bed and all!  The title is "Gloriously Happy", and whilst it appears that it is about the excitement of chocolate eggs, for our family Easter is about our Lord's death and Resurrection.  It is fun to eat the chocolate and remember the reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment