Monday 10 March 2014

Project Life 2014!

Yes that's right, you read the title correctly!  I've re-joined the Project Life trend after a year and a half break.  Just by way of background, I started doing PL in 2012, and managed to keep up weekly pocket layouts for 6 months, from January to June.  I started doing PL to take the apparent "stress" out of my scrapbooking, as I felt I was never going to be caught up. However, doing weekly layouts was too stressful, and I got behind way too often, and to be honest just wanted to be scraping 12 x 12 pages.

So after a years break I decided to start again, but on a monthly basis. This year has several milestones in it: Shaun went back to primary teaching, we're welcoming a new baby in April, and Azaria is starting school in June, so what better year than to try again!

Here is my cover page:




I'm using the Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party Edition kit by Becky Higgins, and Captured Moments Happy Days 3 x 4 Journal Cards by Kaisercraft as my base filler cards.  

My objective with this album is to get it done quickly. This means minimal embellishment, printing photos out at 4 x 6, using up older scraps of paper, and including memorabilia and my kid's art where possible. I want it to be a snapshot of our life at this time, so everyday-type photos.

My biggest issue at the moment is photographing these spreads, as the pockets make it difficult with glare etc, so any tips are much appreciated!  I'll be back soon with my January and February spreads.

Be blessed
Melissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment