Wednesday 7 May 2014

His Books

While we were in Invercargill waiting to have Brielle we did some shopping at Spotlight.  I was really excited to find some Heidi Swapp Colourshine in gold, so was very keen to try it out.  I'd printed out this large Instagram photo of Sam's school books s while ago and had been putting off scrapping it, I think because I took it at night (after a marathon session of covering his books with Sponge Bob), and it had a lot of green in it.  Well I finally made myself scrap it with a Paper Bakery Kit.

I'd played around with the colourshine on a piece of white card stock, and was keen to use it, rather than waste it. I gutted that gold heart paper from My Minds Eye, and then used it as a background border sheet, and sewed it together.  Next it was just a case of using a Heidi Swapp polka dot stencil to add some more mist, layering some papers, and then adding a title and embellishments.  I even used the piece of washi tape that had been securing a glassine bag of embellishment.  


Some close ups.  I included the clock as this was a last minute exercise on the Sunday night before the first day of school.


I decided to do some doodling on this layout, as its a technique that I love the look of and often forget.  Some journaling and my date stamp, and I was done.


Another layout that is for Sam's album, which I have been neglecting lately as I ran out of photos.  I got some printed last week, so be on the look out for more boy layouts!

Thanks for looking
Melissa x

1 comment:

  1. such a playful page!! LOVE your background work and doodle outlines!!! your handwriting is super cute!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete