Tuesday 17 March 2015

Happy (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello hello!  It feels like we might be skipping Autumn here today and heading straight for Winter ...
Any way, at least colder temperatures are more conducive to scrapbooking without sweating!

Today we have a new sketch revealed over at Lets Get Sketchy, this week by the lovely and talented Bev Code.  When I first saw the sketch I knew I wanted to push the boundaries with it, because at first glance it wasn't my style.  But thats the beauty of sketches, you can make them work for your style, and still keep the majority of the sketch.

I decided to scrap a photo of Brielle in her hooded towel after a Daddy Bath!  All three of our kids have loved swinging in the towel after a bath, and Brielle is no exception.  I used my January Hip Kit, and moved the centre strip of paper to the left, and added two more.  The central gold polka dot paper isn't from the kit, and is from Kaisercraft's All that Glitters Collection.  I had fun with my Heidi Swapp gold colour shine on this one too!


And here is the awesome sketch:



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. that is SUCH a sweet page and the photo is sooo adorable!!! love your colors and background work on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so adorable Melissa! Love the stitching on the paper strips and the touch of Gold from the Thickers!!

    ReplyDelete