Tuesday 5 May 2015

NSD 2015 Hip Kit Club Challenges

Good morning!  With [I]NSD over for another year I just wanted to share the only page I managed to create for the challenges over on the Hip Kit Club Members Facebook page.  Being a huge fan of Ashley Horton and stitching (both machine and hand) I only had time to choose one challenge, so I chose hers.  

I used my March Hip Kit, and scrapped a photo of Brielle in her pram.  Of course I had to snap a photo because she actually had a head band on!  I knew I wanted to do both hand and machine stitching, so I started by making my layers behind my photo, and then cut out the hexagons from the triangle paper.  When I looked in my stash of thread the pinks and greens were a perfect match.  I love it when the design of paper guides my stitching.  I added machine stitching on my two border pieces, and on the small triangles (which were off cuts from cutting out the hexagons).  

I'd already prepped my cardstock with pale pink acrylic paint (I used a paint dauber) for another layout, but decided it worked really well with colours in my photo, and the paper colours.  Of course adding embellishments was easy with the coordinated kit!


The chipboard title came from the Crate Paper Craft Market 12x12 sheet, which I LOVE!


A close up of my hand stitching.


And of course lovely layers!  The little card with three hearts is from the Project Life kit.


Thanks for looking, and I hope you found some scrappy time over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!! what a cool page and LOVE LOVE your triangles and stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great page! I LOVE those stitched hexagons. Pinned so I can be inspired again! :)

    ReplyDelete