Sunday 19 July 2015

Love & Fun (Child Free Friday)

Hi there!  If you're a subscriber to my YouTube Channel you'll know that every Friday I share a process video with a layout that doesn't feature a photo of my kids.  It's Sunday now, but this Friday I created a layout with a kit from my stash that I made for a challenge that Jill Sprott is hosting on her blog.  Its called the Ms. Pacman Challenge 2015, and includes scrapping at least 3 projects from a kit made from your own stash.  The following are the requirements of the kit (taken directly from Jill's Post):
1. Eight pieces of patterned paper scraps and four specialty paper/"other" paper scraps -- no complete sheets allowed. 
2.  No more than one yard of trim, with no individual piece measuring more than 11" in length.
3. One sticker sheet, with a catch: at least one sticker must be missing from the sheet.
4. A pre-2013 alphabet set (the old challenge asked for a pre-2010 set, but I figure, three years have passed, so we can compensate for the time change).  If you don't have a set this old, aim for your oldest. 
5. One opened package/container of scrappy product.    
6.  One unopened package/container of scrappy product.
7. One roll of tape.   
8.  One item or package of product from a company that no longer makes scrappy products (the old challenge required a JBS product, which could still apply to this updated version).
9.  Six journaling and/or Project Life cards (if you don't have individual cards, you can cut them from a journaling-card-style patterned sheet or use a printable, if you wish).
10. Unlimited cardstock, adhesive, and "technique-type product" (e.g. stamps, stamping ink, paint, mist, stencils, embossing powder, etc.).     
I'm going to add a few more items:
11. A wild card item. Include anything you've been wanting to use (regardless of whether it is old or new, opened or unopened).  The time is now. 
12.  A nearby item. Grab something from your desk or craft area that is within arm's reach. This will be fairly easy to do if you are a mess-maker like me. If you are super-organized and have no items within reach, then head for the nearest drawer or bin, close your eyes, and reach blindly. The item that you retrieve will be the final addition to your kit. 
So here is a photo of my kit:


Its literally taken from my scrap bag and some of the embellishments I've had for years.  You can see the full kit in my video below:


I went to scrapbook at a friend's house on Thursday night, and made two layouts with the kit, one of which is for Lets Get Sketchy, which I'll be sharing tomorrow.  This is the third layout I made, and I also videoed it for my Child Free Friday series.  Then to give honour to Jill for her fabulous kit challenge, I decided to scrap lift this amazingly beautiful and heartfelt layout of hers:


So here is my take on Jill's layout.  I scrapped another wedding reception photo.  I started off with her concept of paper layers and banner through the middle, then I let the layout take a life of its own with my embellishing.


So happy to use this lovely burlap heart that a friend made for me.


I kept my natural chipboard raw, which really balances the of rest of the layout, and I had lots of fun with my sewing machine!


You can watch my process video below.


I loved this challenge, thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. super cool page, love your take on it and the fun banner and sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on the challenge Melissa! I love your layout!!

    ReplyDelete