Tuesday 8 September 2015

Happy Birthday @8 (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!  Its time for our first September reveal over at Lets Get Sketchy!  This week I finally cut into my stash kit for Sam's birthday photos!  I've had multiple kits and lots of projects going on at the moment, and feel like I'm all over the place!! Thank goodness for an awesome sketch to ground my creativity and focus. 

I've decided to use this page as essentially my cover page for the next layouts that will follow.  This photo is perfect because it focuses on the start of Sam's birthday, which is him opening his presents in the morning.  I just love this sweet photo of him!  I stayed quite true to the sketch because it was full of layers (which you know I love!).


Stash kits are a great way to reinvent old product.  I've had those Jenni Bowlin 8's for a long time now!  I sprayed and splattered with blue Dylusions mist.


So great to mix the old with the new.  That blue star paper is super old, and those little Amy Tangerine word stickers are from a recent Hip Kit.


I had kept that "happy birthday" wood veneer from a past Hip Kit especially for this layout!


And here is the fabulous sketch by our wonderful boss Brenshevia:


Thanks for looking!  Play along because we love to see what you create from our sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment