Friday 22 January 2016

December Daily 2015 Done! (Clique Kits)

Soooooo super excited to share that I did it!  After two years of failing (or rather not completing and not starting), I have actually finished my December Daily!  I used the Clique Kits "Clique into December" kit, and I'm so happy with my finished album.

I made my album from an up-cycled breakfast cereal box (I had to fight my kids for it!), and even came up with my own binding because I couldn't find anything helpful on YouTube for binding pocket pages without a binder clip.  I used a mix of 8x8 and 4x4 page protectors, as well as random sized pages and ephemera.  Here is a side view of my chunky album, full of our family memories!


The homemade album was a challenge, and in a couple of my walkthrough videos I had it held together with three pipe cleaners, because I couldn't make the cover until I knew how wide the stack of pages would end up.  I had so much fun embellishing the spine with the stocking, stickers, and the bakers twine binding which I tied into bows.


I kept my embellishment on my cover very simple - puffy stickers, fussy cut boxes, and the gold phrase and number stickers.


And now for lots of photos of some of my favourite pages.  This one has a card and bag from Honey Bee Stamps and the decoration Azaria made at school.  I love the interactive elements.


A simple page recording two treats I had one Saturday - a pedicure and a coffee, bliss!


Mixing up my page protectors!  And making the most of "The Polar Express" to use winter themed phrases!  Fun with piklets on the opposite page!


I added in a coffee cut from one of my favourite cafes - a photo and my journalling are inside. Totally inspired by Wilna Furstenberg's coffee cup albums!


Journalling tucked inside a glassine bag documenting our entire Christmas day!


And finally a collage of 9 photos to capture the big day!


Here is my video so you can have a look at the whole album.  



I just love December so much, it is by far my favourite month of the year, and December Daily makes it even more special! 

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading this far!



7 comments:

  1. love it! so many details! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I was waiting for this post because I too wanted to make my own album cover :D this was my first time doing DD and I think I went overboard with the embellishments lol my album opens real wide. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolina! I would love to see your album. Do you have a blog? I didn't share how I made the album, but I'm thinking of making another one. Is this something you'd be interested in seeing?

      Delete
  4. Love it! I was waiting for this post because I too wanted to make my own album cover :D this was my first time doing DD and I think I went overboard with the embellishments lol my album opens real wide. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I was waiting for this post because I too wanted to make my own album cover 😊 this was my first time doing DD and I think I went overboard with the embellishments lol my album opens real wide. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the unique page sizes and the binding of your album is adorable!!!
    Hugs!-Meg

    ReplyDelete