Monday 13 June 2016

A Special Gift (Sizzix)

Hello!  Hope you all had a lovely weekend, we had two birthday functions and a busy day at church.  Today I'm sharing a special birthday gift that I made for a lovely friend.  I was cleaning out a cupboard and I found a little canvas.  I decided to decorate it for a little piece of art for her wall.

The Sizzix Bigz Heartfelt Die by Tim Holtz was perfect for my project.  I used the Better Together collection by Amy Tangerine, and selected my favourite papers to cut the hearts.  I prepared the white canvas by painting it with gold acrylic paint, and then using a script stamp by Kaisercraft and some black Stazon Ink.


I wanted to make some of the hearts stand out, so I hand stitched around one, and tied some embroidery floss around another.  


I used dimensional foam and hot glue to adhere the hearts.  I used Amy Tangerine thickers for the "joy".  You can see the different dimensions in this photo.


This is the beautiful die I used, and you can purchase it here.


I also wanted to let you know that this year Sizzix products will be launched by Kays Company at The New Zealand Scrapbooking and Craft Expo 2016 (SENZ).  The show is in Auckland between 1-3 July.  Keep an eye out on my blog for upcoming projects that I'll be making with dies that will be featured at the expo.  The Heartfelt Die is one that will be featured.

Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment