Thursday 7 July 2016

Getting To Know You Blog Hop (The Cut Shoppe)

Hello! I'm Melissa and welcome to my blog from ENZA GUDOR's blog ! I'm soooooo excited to be on The Cut Shoppe Design Team for this term, its truely a dream come true!

Today I'm sharing a layout that I made some time ago with my January Clique Kit, but forgot to share. I used the You've Been Framed cut file, its one of those designs that I just had to have as soon as I saw it! I used it to scrap several photos of my kids playing in the snow last year. The kit featured the Fancy Pants "Happy Place" collection which was perfect for these winter photos of my three kids from last winter. I purposefully didn't alter my photos, they're dark because the sky hadn't cleared from the storm, I love that they represent my kids wanting to play outside ASAP!
I used the frames to house a mixture of my photos, patterned papers and journalling.

I love how white always pops on kraft cardstock!

And now a bit more about me :)
1. How many times in a week, do you work on something scrapbook related?
I try to work on something everyday, whether it be creating, editing my process videos or writing my blog. Being pregnant and very sick I've been struggling with this lately, and have had lots of ebbs and flows in my scrappy mojo.
2. What’s your favorite subject to scrapbook?
My children! I just love that I have so many memories documented! It gives me so much joy when they look at their scrapbooks, or ask me to recall a memory and I can find the layout that tells the story.
3. What is your favorite color to use on your layouts/projects? What is your least favorite colour?
My favourite colour is still gold, it has been for a long time ever since Maggie Holmes made it popular. My least favourite colour is purple (sorry purple, there seems to be so much dislike for you!).
4. Why do you like using cut files on your layouts/projects?
I'm relatively new to using cut files, as I got my Silhouette Cameo last November after months of saving up. I love cut files because they enable me to be so much more creative, and I love using them as hand stitching templates.
5. What are some of your other favorite hobbies? If you were not a scrapbooker, what other hobby do you think would consume most of your time?
I love baking, and before I was pregnant (due November) I was eating refined sugar free and made a lot of raw deserts - I can't wait to get back to normal doing this again once the baby is born. Living in Queenstown, New Zealand I also love snow boarding in winter and mountain biking in Summer. I also love cross stitching and reading.
6. Tell us 5 things we don’t know about you!
  • I am gluten intolerant, and when I'm not pregnant I'm dairy intolerant. I also feel better not eating refined sugar.
  • I met my husband in a stage show, I was a dancer and he was a singer (cheesy I know, and I still need to scrapbook these photos!)
  • I've sung at many funerals, and I love being able to bless families with the songs they love.
  • I'm a town planning consultant and started my business when my oldest was 3 months old.
  • I had kidney disease when I was 23 and they removed a third of my left kidney. I have a huge scar on my back that I totally forget is there!

I'm giving away a $5 Gift Certificate to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store, all you need to do is follow my blog and comment below.
Thanks so much for hopping today! Your next stop is WENDY ANTENUCCI.

14 comments:

  1. The use of frames in your layout is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved to read about you! Thanks for sharing! Great LO too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading more about you...
    Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome use of the cut file Melissa!! I'm so excited to have you on the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an awesome layout. Hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool layout! The frames certainly do pop! Hopefully your not sick for too much longer with this pregnancy.. It certainly sucks feeling horrid so much, but the end result is worth it in the end ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the frames on your layout! I hope that you are feeling a bit better and cant' wait to meet your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun layout! Hang in there. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the frames! speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great layout, I love all of the elements that you used in the different frames.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to get to know you a bit better!! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your pregnancy gets easier and gives you energy to have creative time! Fun layout with the frames!

    ReplyDelete