Friday 27 March 2020

Stay Unique - Cocoa Vanilla Studio Design Team

Hello hello!! I'm back after what probably seems like forever!! Firstly welcome to my blog to the new followers who have made their way here and stuck around despite my lack of posts, thank you for joining me! If you want to see more of my work, especially what I've made in the years I haven't been here, you can find me on my Instagram. My biggest scrappy news is that I made it onto the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Design Team for 2020, and I'm thrilled because I adore their product!! Today is my first creation for Cocoa Vanilla and I am using the gorgeous Happiness collection. I was hoping to create with the newly released Legendary, but due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, my supplies and still in transit. I've created a layout with the gorgeous 'Happiness' collection because my Legendary is somewhere in transit, slowed down by the COVID-19 global pandemic. I used the Large Die Cut & Backing Set and decided to be bold (for me) by chain stitching the heart in back embroidery floss.
The photo is of our gorgeous yet cheeky 3 year old daughter Ava.  I've been having some fun with the filters on Instagram, and I was so happy that she stayed still for a couple of seconds for me to take this sweet photo. 
The chain stitching took me hours to complete but was worth it for the texture it added to my layout.  I just worked on it in the evenings while I watched Netflix.  I ended up getting into quite the rhythm, and found it very relaxing!
I don't have much of this collection left because I love it so much, so I embellished with some fussy cut butterflies from both the 12x12 paper and the 6x8 paper stack, resulting in two different sizes of butteries. I created an embellishment cluster around my photo with layered and distressed papers, vellum, stickers and die cuts. I added dimension with craft foam and pop dots.  My final touch was to add Nuvo Dream Drops in Gold Luxe, and some black mist splatters.
I made a process video which you can watch on my YouTube Channel. Thanks for reading & take care Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment