Wednesday 26 November 2014

First Bath (Stuck?! Sketches)

Well hello!  For the past three days I've been under the weather with the flu, and after spending most of my time either lying on the floor while Brielle played, or sleeping in bed while she slept.  I finally felt well enough to make a page last night.  I decided to play along with the latest sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches.  I haven't played for a while, so it was so awesome to get right into it as I just love all of Laura's sketches!

This layout is made with my October Hip Kit.  I already have my November kit waiting, so I'm eager to progress with all the gorgeousness that is October's kit!  This layout is page one of a two pager (still in the making) about Brielle's first ever bath, which she had here at home by Shaun.  Things seemed to have changed a lot in the 5 years since I had my last baby, and now the midwives are all about delaying the first bath as soon as possible, which I totally agree with as they are born so clean and fresh!

I was inspired by Ashley Fowler (Hip Kit DT) who also used the chevron mask with gold spray.  I used Heidi Swap  Gold Colour Shine, and used to mist to make the large block in the back of the sketch.  The background woodgrain is Studio Calico, and all of the other papers and ephemera are Maggie Holmes Open Book (Crate Paper).  The cork embellishments are Elles Studio.


I've probably said it in another blog post, but I ADORE those gold glitter thicker words!  


I had a fantastic time using my new sewing machine on this one!


There are some many pieces of ephemera that I decided to make my own layered and stitched embellishments.  I left my threads long for extra interest and texture.


A tiny piece of journalling, because I still have three photos to scrap that will tell the majority of the story on the second page.


And here is the sketch.  When I saw this one I absolutely knew I had to play along.  Stuck?! is also doing a Guest DT call, so I'm linking up and trying out for that too.


Thanks for looking!  Enjoy the rest of your week, I know I will now that I'm on the mend :)

6 comments:

  1. Melissa this is a stunning take on the sketch, I love everything about it from the long threads, to the lovely layers and stitching and darling photo, not to mention all that gold! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you feel better!!!! ahhhh this is sooo dang precious!!! LOVE the sweet pic and cool gold accents!!!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you stamped the gold on the background and how you left the long ends on your sewing threads. Fabulous...and the photo is adorable! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Melissa!! I love the Gold masking on the wood grain paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful baby! Love your baby layout and the gold misting. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouw you'r layouts are awesome!! Love your blog m)

    ReplyDelete