Friday 21 November 2014

Two More Hip Kit Layouts

Good afternoon, well its been 4 seasons in one week here!  We've had sun, warmth, snow and now rain again!  Can you believe the Crown Range got closed with snow two days ago!  It's meant to be Summer here in case you're wondering, but such is life in an alpine resort!

Today I have my last September layout and first October layout, both made with my Hip Kits.  

The first layout was made with scraps, and was one of those "I'm really done with this kit, but this I can get one more page" layouts.  I decided to go all out with the gelatos in the kit, and then layered some banners from the top, and some of last of the embellishments.  The photo is Brielle in a cardigan knitted especially for her when I was still pregnant by someone very special to our family.  


The second layout is my first layout with my October kit, and what is amazing about this one is that I actually cut up the paper into an A4 (approximately 8 1/2 x 11).  I don't make many this size, but sometimes small photos need a smaller page to be able to shine.  This photo is Sam's first ever official school photo.  This is the first year our school has had them and I hope it's an annual event now, as they're so good to look back on.  

I started with the texture paste and star stencil, then layer my papers and goodies.  I finished up with dark blue Mr Hueys splatters.


And a close up of my layering.  That feather is fussy cut out of the Elles Studio paper.  In fact pretty much all of the main paper in this one is Elles Studio, with Maggie Holmes ephemera.


Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. just love love all the layer strips on the top page, plus she is just sooo dang cute!!! Great page.. LOVE your boy page, the stars and mists are the perfect accent, and the layers in the center grab your attention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these Melissa!! You always do such an awesome job with the Hip Kits!!

    ReplyDelete