Friday 12 August 2016

Love My Girl (Clique Kits DT)

Hello!  Hope you're having a great start to your weekend.  Our little one is sick with a tummy bug (we think) so not much fun.  Today I'm finally sharing a layout I created with the August Clique Kit "Rio".  This may just be my favourite kit yet, its totally gorgeous and features Fancy Pants' "Milly & June" and Cocoa Vanilla Studio's "Life in Colour" collections.  I was totally intimidated by it when it arrived and was almost too scared to cut into it!

I decided to challenge myself to not use a cut file, and not do any hand stitching because I've been doing them on nearly every layout lately.  I wanted to go back to my original way of scraping but in my current style.  I choose a sweet photo of Brielle in Summer wearing her strawberry hat.  I just adore this photo!



I love the large flair from the Millie & June collection!


The watercolour script card is from the Cocoa Vanilla studio cut apart pack.  And the sweet bow is from the Millie & June collection.


I coloured the wood veneer "love" gold with gold stamping ink.


Here is a photo of the stunning kit.


I also made a process video, which you can watch below or on my YouTube channel here.



Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment