Saturday 13 June 2015

Kaisercraft Fiesta Layouts (Artfull Crafts)

Hello hello I'm up on the Artfull Crafts blog today!  I've been going through an ebb in my creative flow lately, so I remedied it by printing off a heap of recent (meaning 2015) photos, and playing with some new Kaisercraft goodies!

Now there is nothing like scrapping new photos with a gorgeous collection like Kaisercraft's new Fiesta.  Fiesta definitely got me scrapping again, and is everything that I love - bright, fun, girly and summery!  Once I got going I made three layouts in two days, which is a lot for me!  I'm sharing two layouts today, and the third one later in the month.

My first layout features my favourite paper, a beautiful big floral, and my darling girls.  I really wanted to feature the papers on this one, so went for a strip across the middle.  I cut the hexagon shaped title out of this cut apart sheet.  


I'm loving bows at the moment, and made this one with a Couture Creations die set and my Cuttlebug.  


A close up of my girls and a large floral diecut from the collection.


My second layout is about celebrating Brielle eating sugar for the first time (a healthy homemade muffin).  I've made all three of my babies wait until age 1 until being given sugar.  I wanted to use this speciality die cut paper, and cut it in half to get more milage out of it.  Once I'd adhered it, I built the rest of my layout to the left of it.  


I did a small amount of mixed media with the packaging technique and some Heidi Swapp Colourshine in Seagrass, and some Ranger Dylusions dropped on in bubblegum pink.


My frame is from this cut apart sheet, I just trimmed out the middle and rounded the inside corners by carefully using the largest hole punch on my crop-a-dile.  I layered vellum under the frame to separate all the busyness, then I popped it all up on leftover chipboard (the offcuts from a 12x12 sheet that would normally be thrown out).


You can purchase the collection in the online shop here.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful Melissa! I love the mix of the pretty patterned papers on both pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages and love how you worked with the bold colors and papers!!!! that bow is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete