Saturday 27 June 2015

Using Up Scraps (April Hip Kit)

Hello again.  Today I'm sharing the last three layouts that I made with my April Hip Kit when I was down to scraps.  Often the layouts I create with scraps are my favourites, I think because I'm so limited in what I have left.  I also love the challenge of creating with scraps to push myself to make as many layouts as I can.

The first two layouts are the final layouts for Brielle's 1st birthday.  For this one I cut my cardstock to A4, and then die cut some of the paper scraps with my triangle die.  I added a doily from my stash and then it was just a matter of placing the triangles and embellishments.  I was happy to use up that cut apart card too!


For my second layout I wanted to make sure I used some of the gorgeous Websters Pages square cut parts.  I choose the ones that best fit the theme of Brielle's birthday, and also had colours that complimented the other papers.  I really got into outlining on this one too!


My final layout is one of my favourites that I created with the kit.  We went to Wanaka (next lake over) during Summer and when we got to the top of the Crown Range we stopped for some photos.  Sam took this photo of Azaria and I and I took the photo of the view.  These landscape photos worked perfectly with the kraft elements in the kit.


You can see all of my April kit layouts in this video:


Thanks for looking!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts Melissa! I love the different looks you created, all from the same Kit!

    ReplyDelete