Monday 2 November 2015

Moby Wrap (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!! Can you believe it's November already? Crazy that Christmas is just around the corner . . .  
Well being the first Monday of November means we have a new sketch over at Lets Get Sketchy!  This month we are starting a combination of a sketch and mood board challenge on every first and third Monday of the month.  I think this is a fabulous way to use up old stash! 

This week we have a sketch by our fabulous leader Brenshevia, and the mood board features Autumn colours, but with blue, grey and teal.  I dug deep into my stash, and rather than just sort through my scrap bag I decided to use Crate Paper's Close Knit collection.  This was one of those collections I "had to have", and then I barely made anything with it!  So good to rediscover it with this sketch, and a photo from April 2014 of our Autumn Festival.


A simple embellishment cluster with a doily underneath.  The heart is from the chipboard sheet, and the dark wood veneer is also from the collection.


I added this small cluster on the bottom right because I felt my layout needed a bit more.


The title of my layout is the name of the wrap that newborn Brielle is being carried in.  I loved having her so close.  The Thickers are also from the collection.


And here is the sketch.


And the gorgeous mood board.

And in other exiting news, starting this month Lets Get Sketchy is offering a free cut file each month designed by Brenshevia.  These files will be free for you to download and use.  We only ask that you give credit back to Brenshevia and link back to the LGS blog!  All files will come in JPG, SVG and Studio format.



Thanks so much for looking, come and link up your layout on the blog and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment