Tuesday 29 April 2014

Celebrate The Little Things (Studio Calico Stitched Class)

Hello hello!  Well as I've already shared, I've been scapping in small increments around breast feeding Brielle.  Life is certainly tiring with a newborn, and I'd forgotten all about feeding around the clock.  Breast feeding is the best, it's hard work to establish during the first 6 weeks of a babies life, but is God's perfect food and so worth it in the longterm.  Scrapping is and always will be a creative release for me.

Here is another layout I made for the Stitched class over at Studio Calico.  I'm really enjoying all the inspiration and creative ideas that this class provides for both hand and machine sewing, and now that I'm not pregnant and sick, my creativity is flowing.


I wanted to feature washi tape, so I stuck tape to white card stock and die cut different sized circles with my Cuttlebug.  I took these photos of Azaria at the Chinese Village in Arrowtow, and even die cut two of them.  I started my layout with my main photo and journalling cards from Kaisercraft's Captured Moments Happy Days Collection.  I love using journalling cards meant for pocket scrapbooking on traditional layouts.  I also used some older Bella Blvd Birthday Girl stickers.  

Once I'd layered up and arranged all my circles and the photo, I added some drops of Mister Hueys Opaque White, and let it dry for several hours.  As a finishing touch I hand stitched around some of the circles, and in the process smudged my mist.  However, on the black patterned paper the smudged mist looked like chalkboard, so I went with it and smudged the rest.  I love it when a mistake becomes a feature!

And here are some close ups:


Above, I used the prompt on the journaling card to document five things I love about Azaria right now.


Above, the "AV" are her initials. I love way Maggie Holmes includes her kids first initials on her layouts.

And below, a close up of my hand stitching.  No measuring, just freehand hole punching.


And here are a couple of photos of our little darling, she is two weeks old today:


Above, sleeping peacefully during the day, and below wide awake at 3am!


Thanks for looking
Be blessed
Melissa x



3 comments:

  1. ahhhh she is such a lil cutie!!! glad you are back scrappin that must feel nice!! great page and love the stitching on it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout! Your little one is so sweet! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout Melissa! I love the dark background, with the bright stitching! And the circles are really fun!

    ReplyDelete