Monday 7 April 2014

Getting Ready For You (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello, today is the first reveal for April over at Lets Get Sketchy.  We had an awesome sketch by Laura Whitaker to play with, and a I had two 4x6 photos that I wanted to scrap I choose to rotate it to the left.

I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant, and these photos are of the nesting phase of washing baby clothes and getting ready.  We didn't find out the sex of the baby, so I washed neutrals, boy and girl newborn clothes.  Having never scrapbooked a pregnancy before I wanted to capture many different aspects of the pregnancy, both good and challenging!  

I used a Paper Bakery Kit, and stuck pretty closely to the sketch as I loved it so much.  I used modeling paste for the first time, and made the hearts with a Heidi Swapp stencil for some subtle layers.  Sequins were the perfect finishing touch.


And here is the awesome sketch:




Make sure you play along and link up.

Thanks for looking.
Melissa x

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout, Melissa! Can't wait to see some photos of your new little one, on your pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and so exciting! Dieing to meet your new sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this layout Melissa! So sweet and so lovely! I'm very excited for your new arrival! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete