Friday 4 April 2014

Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Layouts (Artfull Crafts)

Hi all, my first blog post for April is up over at the Artfull Crafts blog.  This month I got to play with the gorgeous Kaleidoscope collection from Kaisercraft.  It was perfect for scrapbooking a newer Instagram photo of my daughter riding a bike for the first time, and for an older photo of my sister with her newborn baby.

I was really inspired to scrap this photo of my daughter all based on the bicycle on the patterned paper, and the cut apart quote card, which was perfect.  I loved that the paper had distressed elements already printed on it, which meant all I had to do was layer up my papers and die cuts, and add extra ink and stamping (pink hearts).  I also added some word stickers to the existing printed layers on the bottom of the page.  I even used a flower, which is a big step for me (as I find flowers very challenging!).


For this next layout the blue patterned paper worked so well with this photo of my sister and her newborn baby, with the white in the photo pulling out the white of the printed doily.  Once again I layered paper under the photo, and then embellished with the butterfly sticker, push pin, washi tape and another flower.  Then I dressed up the doily with washi tape and a blue ribbon which I tied in a bow.  As a final touch I dropped on some dark blue ink for a quick and easy layout.


You can purchase Kaleidoscope in the Artfull Crafts online shop here.

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are absolutely gorgeous Melissa! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layouts Melissa! You did a fab job with the Kaleidoscope collection! And what a sweet photo of your sister and her baby!

    ReplyDelete