Saturday 26 April 2014

I Love This (Studio Calico Stitched Class)

Earlier in April while I was still in the midst of morning sickness I decided to treat myself to the Stitched Class by Paige Evans over at Studio Calico.  I just love Paige's unique style, and I love how down to earth she is.  I had a vision to make this layout with Azaria's childcare photo from last year, and I wanted to feature lots of tone on tone white butterflies on a white background.

The photo was taken by Sue Williams Photography, and I just adore it.  We actually loved two of them so much that we purchased both.  I'll also be scrapping the second photo very soon.

I decided to break into my Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, and it looks great with the pink and silver in the photo.   I started by mixing some pink and white mist and applying it with a plastic bag to provide some artsy texture.

I machine stitched the butterflies, and added an extra vellum butterfly onto some of them to provide more dimension.  I also stitched my paper layers behind the photo and I stitched the white card stock onto pink cardstock for a frame.


 I incorporated hidden journalling into an envelope, as I really wanted the photo to shine.


I love the contrast of the chalkboard-style title card, and no layout of mine seems complete lately without some sequins and big drops of India ink.


This layout took me about a week, life with a newborn and recovery from surgery is certainly busy!  I just love scrapping 15 minutes here and there.

Thanks for looking
Melissa x

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Melissa! I love how you stitched the butterflies and used the White on White! And the hidden journaling is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this Melissa! I love Paige too, and this is very Paige-ish! Your did a fantastic job! What an adorable photo, and I love the hidden pocket journaling and the butterflies! Congrats on your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete