Wednesday 30 April 2014

I Honestly [Heart] Every Second (Marcy Penner Challenge)

Good morning, today I'm sharing a layout I created to play along with a challenge on Marcy Penner's blog.  The challenge is called Jump Start 04 and involves creating a layout with whatever scraps are lying on your craft desk.  This was easy for me as I'm not a tidy crafter, so I had lots of really old bits and pieces to choose from. 

I had made the background paper with modelling paste, and wasn't too happy with the way the hearts turned out.  This was perfect for Marcy's challenge.  I also had leftovers from a really old Studio Calico kit, a sticker sheet from Dear Lizzy Neapolitan, some Simple Stories Vintage Bliss brads, a piece of tule that had come from a present for Brielle, and an Evalicous flair badge.

The layout came together quickly, and I started by painting on some mist, cutting and layering my papers, and then embellishing.


I finally used up those small resign flowers which have been hanging around my crafting space for way too long.


I gathered the tule into a flower secured with the brad, and I dropped some black India ink as a finished touch.


My journaling is all about how much I enjoy Azaria's company when she is behaving herself.  She is a strong willed child, which is a great trait, but it is challenging when it comes to parenting as she loves to get her own way all the time!

Thanks for looking
Melissa :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute layout, Melissa!! You did a great job with Marcy's challenge!!

    ReplyDelete